Sunday, January 11, 2009

Soon I will be on vacation (PR-again)




I would like to point out that I haven't been on a "real" vacation in about 4 years and prior to that it was a few years before that and a little get away here and there but not more then long weekends and stay overs have pretty much constituted my adult life. The only time I can think of being away for an extensive amount of time was...wait for it...1983 or 1984 and that was 3 weeks in PR. This being before my kid sister came about and snuffed out any remote possibility of ever leaving the country as a family ever again. No biggie since we where and still are poor and funny enough I have never done anything exclusively with that kid sis of mine but that's another story... any way... I have some how gotten around this globe on a tight ass budget and yet I feel like I never get out of Philly enough. Lets see... Anchorage, AK- about 6 years ago? Ireland- 14 yrs ago? Puerto Rico-7yrs ago and 26 yrs ago(- ugh ) San Diego, CA- 12 yrs ago? Alright, I have been other places like Virginia, New York, Maine, Boston,Mass, all those stupid red neck states that you go through to get to Florida on I-95. I guess there called Maryland, Delaware, D.C., North/South Carolina, Georgia... and I have been to Marco Island when I was 19 or 20 not a great trip thanks to hurricane Hugo. Oh, and I did manage to go to Costa Rica about 5 years ago to get married or something and that was fun-ish. I guess that's it...the brain is taxed and is looking forward to just not work, not do a damn thing besides eat, sleep, read a book on the beach, swim and maybe do some yoga and order many, and I mean MANY Pina Coladas! and yes, the chosen few will receive a post card because I love you even when I am away.-oxo

1 comment: