Sunday, December 9, 2007

Alright, 16 days to go...


Where is all the Christmas decorations? Apart from driving by the street vendors selling cut trees, I haven't seen one indoors with all the tinsel, bulbs, and stringed lights. Is everyone in denial? Or is there a lack of Christmas spirit? I did consider purchasing a pine cone wreath around Thanksgiving but opted for the gold festive table cloth. (Wow, my life is full of exciting choices isn't it?) Anyway, I have convinced my wonderful roommate that a white Christmas tree will be cool and fun. So, once we find this tree- which to be honest it will have to withstand the force of 3 cats with veracious appetites for anything jingly, sparkly, and dangling. This tree may have to be suspended much like a chandelier. Its going to be more like a art installation then anything traditional. But I have to kind of debate with what is considered traditional. So, why are we placing gifts under a cut tree in our sitting rooms anyway? How this tradition began I am clueless? And how its still around is beyond me! But I still love the food, the get togethers, the surprizingly awesome gifts, hanging my dog's stocking-then filling it with treats, mistletoe, eggnog, mailed Christmas cards, shopping, wrapping, singing Christmas songs, and having the day off! So, come on people deck the halls!!!

2 comments:

intentsandpurposes said...

suspend your tree like a white chandelier!

Suzie Morris said...

I'll help you hang it from the ceiling! I want to come see my boyfriend, Jack.